Heal colds naturally with these blends and simple homegrown remedies October 23 2014
Spotlight on: Med-Essence Blends (Autumn Special)
Heal colds naturally with these blends and simple homegrown remedies
I haven't been to a primary care doctor for an ailment in years. That doesn't mean I haven't been sick. I've gotten a cold at least once/year. But, the last time I went to the Dr. was when my husband and I came down with sinus infections together at least 5 years ago. I had never experienced so much pain in my sinuses ever before. He diagnosed us both with sinus infections and wrote a prescription. He took the meds, I did not. I treated mine with just my essential oils and actually recovered quicker. (Obviously, these results will vary for everyone.)
Simple, yet effective treatment, essential oils were designed to be inhaled. They carry natural anti-bacterial properties so the plants themselves can ward off disease. Some have anti-fungal properties, others are anti-viral. When they are used for sinus infections and upper respiratory ailments, they work quickly because they go right to the site of inflammation and fight the infection.
Check out my prescription for fighting the common cold the natural way. (When prevention is no longer an option)
1. I always supplement my essential oil healing with Hot water with Cinnamon and Honey for a cough or Hot water and Lemon for extra mucous.
2. Take mega doses of Vitamin C (I like Emergen-C)
3. Take B vitamins, Zinc, Selenium and Calcium/Magnesium with Vitamin D
4. Eat almonds, walnuts, berries, green leafies, whole grains, broth and lots of Garlic!
5. Get lots of SLEEP! The body needs sleep to rejuvenate. Resting in front of the TV is not enough. Sleep shuts your brain down from the Sympathetic Nervous System to the Parasympathetic to restore and rejuvenate damaged cells.
*** These recommendations are intended to be a supplement to traditional medical care. This is not considered to be a substitute. Use essential oils at your own risk.***
Common Cold, Bronchitis and Flu Symptoms:
- Rub 25-50 drops of Cold & Flu essential oil on your back 1-2x day ( is great for the muscle aches that come from being sick)
- Rub 2-5 drops of Cold & Flu essential on the bottom of the feet up to 5x/day
- Take a bath in Cold & Flu Bath Salts once/day until well (detoxifies the pathogens from the body, relieves muscle soreness and can induce a mild fever to fight the infection)
- Place a drop of Decongest Formula on a tissue, insert in nostril and inhale for up to 15 min
- Rub Decongest on the chest to open breathing passages
- Diffuse and Inhale Cold & Flu oil deeply for 5-10 min to loosen and expel mucous.
- Rub Cough Suppressant Blend on feet, back and chest to soothe bronchial tubes
- Place a drop of Sinusitis Formula on a tissue, insert in nostril and inhale for up to 15 min
- Rub 2-5 drops of Sinusitis Formula on the bottom of the feet up to 5x/day
- Diffuse in a cup of hot water or diffuser and inhale deeply for 10-15 min
- Inhale this blend as often as possible throughout the day
***The above statements have not been reviewed by the FDA. These statements are not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any illness or disease. ***
(The above are dosages for adults. Always use 1/4-1/2 of the dose for children. Base the dose on the age. Remember the saying Less is More!)
All of the Med-Essence blends are 15% OFF for the season of Autumn. Click Here to buy and Use coupon code AUTUMN2014MED at checkout.